Thursday, January 17, 2008

Needing a "Do-Over"

I had kind of a weird day today. First of all....I didn't get my sleep last night.
Don was up and around organizing his vitamins and then reading with the light on after I had fallen asleep and accidentally woke me up. I couldn't get back to sleep until 3 AM. I had to get up at 7, so I only got four hours of sleep. I tried to nap when Conner did, but I don't sleep well when I know he is here....I put him in his little bouncy seat next to me on the couch, but I only dozed. But I didn't study my Bible or exercise like I needed to while he was sleeping. I had planned on going to water aerobics tonight, because other plans we had were cancelled due to the snow. But I fell asleep after Cameron picked up Conner (I usually drop him off, but her car is better in the snow.) I woke up when Don came downstairs and said he wanted to make it up to me for waking me up last night by taking me out for dinner. I didn't get a salad, but I didn't get anything awful for me. I got a breakfast supper with whole wheat pancakes. But that put me over, because I ate the lunch my son packed today but forgot to bring, which was a sandwich with tortilla chips. So my calories were up, and my exercise was down....all due to a mess up in my schedule.
My plan is to do my Bible study now and do some stretches before I go to bed. If I do aerobics now, I won't sleep again, and the whole process will start over again. So, I'm going to consider today a lesson learned.....don't let anything deter me from getting my sleep, AND as sweet as the intention was, taking me out for dinner is not a good way to make up for my lack of sleep! Tomorrow is a new day....

2 comments:

Sign2Jill said...

I think we all have days like that. :) I know I'm feeling tired today since I had trouble falling asleep last night. I was kind of stressed-out and I know the stress existed because I missed my work-out last night!

So, I packed my gym bag and am determined to make myself do a workout this afternoon. I'll be looking forward to hearing you say that you were able to do the same today! God bless!

Jerri said...

Thanks, Jill....I'm going to your blog next to see if you worked out today. I did time and a half....Conner slept for me, and then woke up while I was finishing up weights and was amused by my thrashing about. I think he assumes my workouts are about entertaining him. :) Thanks for your encouragement.