Friday, January 04, 2008

Grandma to the Rescue

I guess I have forgotten information about babies, even after raising four of them! I knew that Conner should be on his tummy with his head popped up like a little turtle by this age. He holds his head up and has since he was a few weeks old, but when we put him on his tummy, he kept going face down on the blanket! He would lift it up but then plop it back down. Chris and I had a conference about this on the phone this morning, and I said I was going to work on him today. So instead of on the floor, I put him on his tummy on my bed, and then I made a brilliant observation--his arms need to be in FRONT instead of by his side. DUH!!! If I put my arms by my side while I'm lying on the floor like that, it's harder to hold my head up, too! So I put his arms out front and--voila! a little turtle! I called Chris at work right away! We both felt a little silly! Oh well, at least Conner won't remember these humiliations!

Okay, so I'm not going to get side tracked. I have lots to do today. I'll post again tonight....time to turn my little turtle over on his back!

I finished the day with more calories than I thought. That's what I get for calculating after dinner. Well, I'll do better with food from now on. I need to calculate as I go. Sis-cuz, I'm sorry I missed you.....we need to figure out a better time to get together online. I think evenings are too busy for both of us. Early morning works for me....how about you?

No comments: