Monday, January 07, 2008

Busy Day

Don and I had a pretty busy Monday off. He helped me catch up on some laundry, and I took down all of the Christmas decorations and packed them away. I took the tree down on New Years' Day, but I wanted to leave the lights up longer. I just couldn't bear having Christmas lights up on such a warm, spring-like day! I fully intended on getting out and walking in the beautiful weather, but I ended up cleaning all day! Don played Frisbee golf and then worked out at the gym. I went to the gym after dinner and did water aerobics. It felt so good to get in the pool. My legs are sore from all of the walking I've been doing, but the water aerobics workout is really a lot more challenging and burns more calories. The downside of exercising at 7PM is that I am wide awake at 11:21! (That also comes from sleeping late on Mondays with Don, but I'm not complaining!)

Some really great news is that one of the publishers I contacted about my children's book, Pay Attention, Andy, emailed me and requested my manuscript! Yea! I did some editing and wrote out what kind of illustrations I want to use....I actually hope to do the illustrations myself, and they are open to that.....and I emailed it back tonight. They asked me to respond quickly, so I did. I hope this works out to be something serious, but if it isn't, I'm still going to keep trying.

Well, it's officially way past my bedtime, and I'm going to pick Little Man up tomorrow, so I'm outta here! I'm weighing in tomorrow morning, and I'll report in tomorrow night! Thanks for your prayers and support.

2 comments:

jaime s said...

YOur last several entries have been very inspiring (and convicting). I am proud of you for setting and keeping your goals.

I know I've mentioned Biggest Loser before. A new season has started. It's couples. You and Don would love it. Check it out on Tuesay nights. It starts at 8:00 or sometimes at 9:00.

I'll keep checking in with you!

Keep up the good work. Jouranling really helps because you have to visually see what you've eaten and what exercise you've done (or not done) each day. I'm going to start one too!

Jerri said...

Thank you, Jaime! I really appreciate your encouragement! I have been watching The Greatest Loser, too. Don watches it until he can't take the background music anymore! :) Actually, it's a little late for him, because he gets up at 5:30 every morning. But I usually get to watch most of it. It is inspiring. I was proud of the man who won last season! And the women who came in second and third as well! Last time I did the journaling and daily exercise, I lost 78 lbs. going to Weight Watcher meetings. This time I don't feel right spending the money in that way....I think instead I am going to send the money I would have spent to Compassion International. It doesn't seem right spending so much money to keep myself from eating when so much of the world doesn't have the choice to eat every day! I'll read your journal, too! :)