Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Down Four Lbs.

Yea! Four lbs. is not bad considering I was above my 1500 calorie goal most days last week. Yesterday I went to Ladies class and then my friend Grace and I went to Meadowlarke Gardens and walked for a little over an hour. It was like a windy spring day yesterday. Then, at home, I made dinner, cleaned some, and went to bed early, because I was so tired. My calories would have been good, except I ate a bag of cashews on the way home from dropping off Little Man. Would have been better off using my Starbucks card and drinking coffee...no calories there, but I had to get gas, and I was hungry. Not a good combination, but at least I got nuts and not a candy bar or something.

My cousin lost five lbs. last week. She is using the same website I am....FitDay.com, to track her calories, her exercise and to journal. I don't journal there--I use my blog and my Bible study notebook. My studies lately have been really good. I finished all of the food related subjects from my Bible, but I decided to go through all of the New Testament and write notes on anything that might pertain to weight loss, self-discipline, and other positive aspects to getting rid of overeating in my life. Who knows, by the end of the year, maybe it will be a book. I think I am also going to post pictures of myself each month with Little Man to document my weight loss. The one above is a good start, because I don't like myself in that picture. Conner was a newborn there. I need a more recent one. I'll post that later. Well, Little Man is calling.....we're going for a walk. It's beautiful again. I'll post again tonight. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

No comments: