Thursday, January 24, 2008

God is in control!


My whole day was a workout today! While Conner slept, I flew through the house, scrubbing and vacuuming floors, cleaning everything and doing laundry, and then I went to a friend's house and did almost two hours worth of fast housework there. So I let myself have some bread with my soup for dinner even though that made my calories go over. I burned them off--according to Fitday.com 1145 calories worth! In between I did my usual carrying Conner around, getting up and down from the floor with him, carrying him up and down the stairs, lugging his HEAVY car seat around, bathing him etc. I didn't even count that, so my day was a really good workout. I made homemade soup for dinner and bought whole wheat bread to go with it from Panera on the way home from dropping off Conner. Then I went to my friend's house and just came home and had my soup--I was REALLY cold, tired and hungry, and the soup was delicious. Both sons want to carry left overs to work tomorrow. I have some left for mine and Don's lunch, too. It's vegetable beef made with 86% fat free beef. It's my family's favorite.

Tomorrow I want to finish my laundry after I do my Bible study, and then I want to prepare my Bible class lesson for Sunday and write the rest of the day. Saturday I don't have to go to the commissary, so I would like to spend some of the afternoon going through the galleries at the Torpedo Factory. That really inspires me. Actually, yesterday inspired rather than discouraged me. At least a legitimate publisher is interested in my book, and that wasn't even my best book. I am going to put my heart into my work....whenever Conner is asleep or I'm up early in the morning....at least 2 hours a day, I would like to spend writing. And once a month I am going to spend a day sending out query letters.

I read something interesting in I Timothy tonight during my Bible study. I Timothy 4:1 says that in the last days some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons! That really explains how a large number of people are so threatened by the Word of God and the idea of one God and one Savior--and absolute truth. They are being deceived by evil spirits and demons! The great thing about that is we have the power to cast these demons out! Jesus' disciples rebuked the demons and they left people. We need to be bold in calling sin and Satan's lies what they are! He has no power over God's elect! He has already been defeated! I am not going to allow the Deceiver to deceive anyone I know--without a fight! I was reading scriptures on abandonment, because I realized that one of my struggles has been with insecurity, and we never have to feel insecure, even if everyone we love dies or leaves, because "our God is a merciful God. He will not abandon or destroy us or forget the covenant with "us" ( our forefathers) which He confirmed to them by oath. If God forgave and did not abandon Israel when they turned to other gods and rejected Him, then He will not abandon us when we have the Sprit of His Son living inside of us. I am amazed everyday, how God leads me as I study His word. I felt worried last night when I went to bed, because so many things are up in the air as far as Don's job--and two of our boys work for the same company he does....etc. But reading tonight comforted me, and praying gave me confidence. God is in control.

No comments: