Monday, January 28, 2008

Better Day

Today was much better. Don and I slept in today and I got caught up with my sleep. I am going to try to stay on track with my sleep this week. It's easy to get behind.

Evidently, everyone in the free world except me (and Don) loved Juno! My son said,
"Didn't you think the girl was funny and smart?" Yes, but that wasn't the point.
The characters were entertaining and likeable, and the music was cute--although it did sound like something one of my kids made up when he was supposed to be taking a nap when he was preschool age--but everyone seemed to have the attitude--"WHATEVER!" (A cheerful "Whatever!" but still Whatever!) That is the most annoying expression in our modern language! But....
I think I am going to cut this short, and get some sleep, in fact. I worked out really hard in water aerobics tonight, so I am a little worn out. "Whatever!"

Have a good week, and let me know how I can pray for you all. (Or...."Whatever!")

2 comments:

jaime s said...

You've GOT TO CHECK OUT sparkpeople.com. A doctor friend told me about it. She recommends it to her patients that need to lose weight. It is AMAZING. It develops a fitness and meal plan for you AND automatically does the grocery list for you. You can track your fitness, food intake, etc. But the BEST PART IS THE COMMUNITY SET UP. Everyone is so good about cheering you on and sharing their journey as well. You set up your own "spark page" and there's a blog option on your own page.

You can also join groups that are specific to your needs/goals. I'm in one that is for "30 somethings who want to lose 20-45 lbs. They have ALL KINDS! The groups are helpful for keeping you motivated.

Anyway, check it out. I think you'll LOVE IT!! My log in name is skinnyjme so look me up!

Jerri said...

Hey, Jaime,
I did try Spark people for a time last year, but I didn't really get into it. That's probably why I didn't know about all of the benefits you describe. The meal planning feature sounds great....Don could also benefit from that. I'll check it out again. Boy! I did a killer hydro conditioning class tonight--my heart rate went way up there, and I feel great! I hope my body slows down a little so I can sleep.