Monday, January 21, 2008

Marching On

My blog is turning into a diet blog again. There are more things going on in my life, but this one is requiring so much of my focus. Today was a really relaxing day off for Don and me. We call Mondays our Funday Mondays, but today we both just wanted to hang out at home together. We really enjoyed our weekend, in general. I was a little surprised how well it went considering Don Sr. Jr and one of Don's friends moved a bunch of furniture most of the day Sat. But Don rested up, and he's just been feeling great all weekend. Another exciting thing is I am ready to do the illustrations for my children's book. I think I mentioned yesterday that we got some oil paints for me to use in art class. I really wanted to try oils, so now I'm really looking forward to my class next week. I suddenly have so many ideas for my writing, but we had such a busy weekend that I haven't had a chance to get anything written down. I am going to work a little tonight, because everyone went to bed early, and the house is quiet.

I hope everyone is praying for Bob and Tresa and their kids this week. The kids are in Arkansas visiting. I heard that Bob is doing a little better than he was doing.
I hope what I heard is accurate.

Pray also for Lisa and Tim Bynum, Lindsey and Ethan....they are in the Dominican Republic. I love their family. I worked with Lisa,and she is a very positive person. I'm going to miss seeing them.

Don and I went to the small group that meets at the church last night. Our official small group doesn't meet very often, but we love the people in it. We meet with the Sundlings, the Kerns, sometimes the Krawczyks and sometimes the Shavers for special occasions and to attend special events. Roland and Grace lead the marriage group, so we don't meet as a group often, but we do offer one another support and encouragement and friendship. But Don and I wanted to meet with a group regularly, so we started going to the building. That's a fun group, too....and very serving.
We had a good time last night. We've known Larry and Cindy Jeter for years and years--they were on Bolling AFB with us before we moved to Centreville, and then "coincidentally" they moved within a few blocks of us in Londontowne! Now they live in Chantilly. But they feel like family to me and Don. I'm glad we are going to be in the same small group. And both of them are interested in art classes too, so we talked about the Torpedo Factory.

I think I mentioned the Bucket List. It was a really good movie but frustrating to me on some levels. I won't spoil it for you, but I'll just say that I think both of the men's bucket lists were pretty incomplete....but I would think that. I love the idea though. I think we should all renew our bucket lists every day. For those who don't know about the movie, it's about making a list of everything you want to do before you "kick the bucket". What would you put on yours? :)

No comments: