Friday, January 25, 2008

Million Dollar Grandma!

Conner kept me busy all day long today! He was too cute, and spent the whole day gazing at me and laughing. I couldn't resist him. So I kept picking him up and changing locations, folding laundry, and picking him up. Once I rocked him in the rocking chair for a few minutes until both of us fell asleep. The day got away from me before I got any real exercise in, so I came straight home from dropping Conner off, ready to do my aerobics DVD in the living room. Son Don came home at the same time, ready to do some working out in the living room, too, because he left his boxing gear at home when he went to work this morning, so he didn't have it with him when he met his friend, who is a personal trainer, who has been teaching Don Moi Tai. Since we both wanted to work out in the living room, Don talked me into practicing his boxing with him. I was arguing with him as he handed me the boxing gloves and he took the sparring things. He said he wouldn't hurt me, he'd just teach me about boxing. First of all, this is the same son who dislocated Nathan's shoulder playing basketball a few weeks ago....not on purpose, but I know how strong he is--so I was more than a little hesitant! Secondly, Don forgot that my father was a Marine who was trained to kill with his bare hands and thought that was something his 10 year old daughter should learn! :) He not only taught me how to rip out someone's rib cage, rip off someone's jaw and shove someone's nose up into the brain, but he taught me how to block and how to punch. My son was pretty impressed that I knew the boxing moves, too. (I told him we practiced kick boxing in water aerobics, too....one of these days people will learn to respect water aerobics! Anyway, Don tired me out with the boxing, and then hubby Don came downstairs ready to see a movie, so I didn't get in any real serious exercise. We went to see Mad Money, and, as I thought; although the movie was funny, it made me mad, because crime was made to look like it paid off in the end! I like Diane Keaton and Queen Latifah, so that part was fun. But I'm tired of the bad guys looking sympathetic in movies. Tomorrow I'm taking over the living room before anyone else gets the chance....or I'll walk in Alexandria after my art class. Good night!

No comments: