Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Down 10 lbs.---one week to go!

Hey, anyone who wants to lose weight--try watching Biggest Loser AND exercising with your computer with a Biggest Loser DVD! Actually tonight, I had three DVD's I checked out of the library, and I worked out with all three while Biggest Loser was on the TV. Needless to say, hubby watched TV downstairs--he can't take the music on the Biggest Loser; although, he will for me, but I didn't even ask him to deal with it from two different sources! Before I did the Biggest Loser DVD, I did a Latin hip-hop dance DVD. That one was challenging, and myheart rate got up, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even get on the score card on Dancing with the Stars, even if I was Marie Osmond. I gave it a good try, and got through two segments of it. Then I got all of the way throught another 15 minute Dance DVD...it was just fancy low impact aerobics, really. Then I did 50 minutes of the Biggest Loser Low Intensity work out with warm up and cool down. I was really sweating with that one. I think it's a keeper. First Don came up, then both of my sons came home and I was still working out with the computer and the TV on. One of my sons asked, "What is all of this chaos up here?" He just patted me on my sweaty back and went to bed shaking his head. The great news is that, as of this morning, and the mood my scale was in this morning, I have lost 10 lbs. and have reached my January goal. Anything I lose next week will be extra! And I am going to say, "Thank You, God, for giving me strength and for giving me friends and family who love and support me!" I'm not going for the giant weight losses I see each week on Biggest Losers, but after that DVD tonight, I can see how they do it. I think I'm going to buy that one for myself.

Today I wanted to go to the Bettenhaus' son's funeral, but I had Little Man, and I ended up having to take him to the doctor with Chris, so I didn't get to go. I didn't know them well, but their sons are my sons' ages, so I can imagine what they are going through. I am going to send them a card and keep praying for them. Death is such a horrible inevitability. If it wasn't for Jesus and His loving sacrifice for us, loving our families and friends would be unbearable. The only thing I really want from this life is to go to Heaven and for everyone I love to be there too--even the ones I don't necessarily know enough to love. :) I can just imagine the heaviness of heart Jesus felt as He sat on the mountain looking down at Jerusalem, knowing He would "gather them together like a mother hen gathers her chicks" but they would not have it. I feel that heaviness of heart about loved ones who aren't believers. I wish they could feel God's love for us.....I don't think anyone could fail to respond to that--if they believed. Once, when I started to realize some of the depth of God's love and grace for us, I commented to a friend, "It's too good to believe." He said, "It's too good NOT to believe." and he was right.
The older I get and the longer I am married to Don, the more I realize what loving someone with all of your heart costs. It takes over your heart, and it leaves open the door to inevitable loss. With Don, I am contented, knowing he will be in Heaven and we will be together. But, I can't imagine not being with him here if he dies first!
He is my best friend and the only person in the world who truly knows me and loves me, warts and all! The beautiful thing about Don is that he loves me and doesn't try to change me, but he cheers me on as I strive to change and grow. He has always been that way! I think that is his gift....he knows how to love unconditionally and to really want the best for others, and he inspires me to want to be better. That is such an awesome gift. He used to feel anxious about losing me or one of the boys, but he has grown so much in his understanding about the loving nature of God.
Bruce's class on prayer helped us both and some reading that Don has been doing has given him serenity about the future. I have never seen him as peaceful as he has been lately, and I love seeing that.
It was fun going to the pediatrician with Chris and Conner. I bathed Conner and dressed him up in his button fly jeans and doggie shirt that I got him for Christmas--Cam packed that for him today. Chris met me and followed me to the doctor's office, and he showed up looking just like Conner--well, he didn't have on a doggie shirt, and I don't know about the button fly thing, but he had on nice jeans and a nice shirt. They looked like yuppy Dad and yuppy Baby. All of the moms and Grandmom's, nurses and doctors fussed over him. I wasn't only proud of my Little Man, but I was proud of Big Daddy Man, too. He's such a good Daddy! Conner really loves him, and Chris fusses over him as much as Cam and I do. Conner was in such a good mood today, too. I bought him three new books over the weekend, and when I read a book by Sandra Boyton "Doggies!" he laughed and laughed. I couldn't help but stop and laugh too. Don got home right before I had to leave for the doctor, so we were reading that book to Conner, and he laughed again. I guess it's because he has a really assertive dog at home--a border collie, named Dylan--and then our Charlie, who is a toy poodle. I'm sure enjoying our little guy! ( Thank You, God, for Conner, too!) I promise I will post some more pictures very soon. I want to figure out how to get them off of my camera. Ahhh! This is a LONG post...sorry! THE END

No comments: