Wednesday, March 19, 2008

When it rains......

It was really good to be with our church family tonight. It was so good to come in on a Wed. night and see so many there, on purpose, to help get things ready for two funerals and Easter. Bruce's choice of songs and scripture for the devotional were perfect, and everyone was so warm and loving, helpful to each other. That's the way families are supposed to be--pulling together, being there for each other. It's always been that way with our church family. I don't know what we would ever have done without it. I don't know what people do without that kind of love and caring on a large scale. We should never take it for granted.

On a pathetic note, today I was standing in the checkout line at the commissary at Ft. Belvoir when I noticed a book: The Complete Idot's Guide to Healthy Relationships! Alrighty then.......have we stooped SO low as a culture....that we need the advice of a self-proclaimed "complete idiot"? Uh, I guess I'm the idiot....rereading the title....the book is written FOR the complete idiot, who wants to have a healthy relationship! OH! Alrighty then..... No, I didn't buy the book! (I was re-reading the title in my brain--I'm not a COMPLETE idiot!)

Pray for Don to get the right job for him--evidently the financial analyst 2 job wasn't the right one. They want to submit him on some more jobs, but as of right now, Don is planning to transfer over as a security officer. He has to train on automatic weapons and some others. He may have to work a night shift again for a while, but he will retain his seniority. Also, pray about another decision we have to make....when it rains, it pours...literally, I guess,judging by today. The rain felt right with everything going on.

No comments: