Sunday, March 02, 2008

Today was a really great day at worship, made even more so by the fact that Conner joined us for worship service. It required quite a bit of scrambling on my part, though, because Don was singing with the miced singers, so I did all of the running around with my Big Little Man myself during church, that is. I was WORN OUT by the time we finished lunch--there is a reason that young people have babies and not us old fogies! I teach Bible class and have a prayer circle, so I had to leave services early to plug Conner into the baby security system. I have to admit it was easier leaving him in cradle roll knowing I was the only one who could pick him up! And it was obvious that he was well loved while he was there! He loved seeing other babies, and was looking every which direction as we carried him around to see whose new face was going to pop into view next. It was wonderful to Don and me to have our church family loving on our grandson. It makes us know that we are in the right place--where our family can give and receive the love of Christ!

Don and I planned to go to our small group today, but after we dropped off Conner, we went back home and went to sleep and didn't even wake up until 5:30. I have been sleep deprived for several days, so I know why I slept so soundly. We'll have to catch next month's pot luck. Don and I walked for three miles after our nap, but I was still worn out.

Denise Manahan was honored at church today, which was well deserved. She has done so much to feed the hungry in our community and has been very resourceful, using our teens to serve the needy. Giving purpose to our youth and everyone else is a great gift.

It was also wonderful to get to meet Becky Sundling, Grace and Roland's daughter. I have been wanting to meet her for a long time. She is just beautiful....like her mom...and obviously a sweet person like her parents. It was great to meet Becky.

I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for reading my blog and encouraging me! :)

No comments: