Friday, March 07, 2008

Friends

I'm doing much better after a couple of bumpy days this week. I had a great talk with my buddy, Lisa. She and I have some of the same issues;although, she is tall thin and beautiful--and a very good public speaker. But we share some common human frailties, or rather the willingness to admit the frailties that everyone has, to each other. I think being able to share the good and the not so good, not to mention the ridiculous and the hilarious things that happen in life is what makes a good friend. I'm thankful God moved Lisa and Tim next door to us! It is so NOT a coincidence that they are our neighbors. When Sharon and Gary moved out I prayed that God would send us neighbors who would either be Christians or who we could influence for Christ. Not only are they Christians, but Tim is a minister at New Life Christian church, and Lisa is a very talented writer and public speaker. Tim is an artist and a comedien, and all of their kids are talented in music and drama. Our son goes to church with them, and their sons and mine are friends....and we have all had a profound effect on each others' lives. It's never by coincidence or human effort that such things happen...I am thankful God blessed our families with each other.

I need to get to bed early so that I feel well enough to go to my last art class tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

No comments: