Friday, February 29, 2008

Submitting

I have always had a stubborn streak in me. I think I can do things my way better, and this is true especially about losing weight. Except that I obviously can't do it my way and progress.(Or why do I NEED to lose 100 lbs?) So I have decided to submit to the expertise of the people who design the diet on Sparkpeople. I am going to do it their way and see if I might build enough success that I don't rationalize my way out of believing I can reach my goal this year.

Today I cooked by the recipes on my Spark Nutrition page, and I ate what was on my program and stayed within my calories for the day. I think this will be good for me spiritually as well. it frees my mind up to think about other things, and I don't even have to write a grocery list. I made a chicken/asparagus salad tonight with mashed potatoes and vegetables....sounds gross but it was good. The chicken/asparagus salad had curry and yogurt in it. The recipe was on Sparkpeople. Don loved it, so I think we'll be doing dinners this way. Maybe both of us will get healthier.

My Bible study was on I Cor. 9 about giving today. I'll write about it tomorrow...it was an enlightening study.

The Prime contractor submitted Don to the gov. for consideration, along with some other people, so we'll see. We should find out next week.....exercise in patience!
Pray for the right thing to happen......have a blessed weekend. See some of you Sunday!

No comments: