Friday, February 22, 2008

Day Off--but not really!

I had a really good day with my program, because I accomplished a lot on my "day off". School was cancelled, so Cam took care of Conner. I missed him, but I got a lot done. I got a lot of things done, and I spent a lot of time on my Sparkpeople website. It is so helpful, because it teaches you correct ways to take care of your health. I am doing so much better. It also has motivational strategies and meal planning. There are support groups for everything imaginable and it's just plain fun. I love it. Thanks Cam and Jaime for letting me know about the site. For those of you who are interested, it is a free weight loss website. You go to Sparkpeople.com and just sign up.

I really respect something Jaime said on her Sparkpage. She said that she really wants to be intentional and responsible about healthy eating and exercise. I was thinking about the idea of being intentional. I think that fits into what I have discovered about the problems I have had with thougtless eating. God is intentional. He intentionally loves us, He planned for us--all the way to planning to send His Son because He knew we would sin and not be able to keep the law. I also want to be intentional....not only with responsible health habits, but also with reaching out to people and loving others. Intent is a powerful thing....it has to do with will....in the case of Christians, surrendering our will intentionally.
I am going to ask God to show me where in my life I need to be more intentional....and less thoughtful. Tomorrow is ART DAY--yippeee! Have a great weekend! :)

No comments: