Friday, February 01, 2008

Sick Day and BAD Food Processor!

I woke up this morning and realized why I was so exhausted last night and the night before. I was coming down with a cold. I still took care of Little Man, though, because I've been sick three times since he was born, and he hasn't caught anything yet. I always wash my hands before I touch him. I didn't get to do something else I wanted to do today, because I couldn't take a chance on passing on my cold. But Conner and I had a nice day together. A kind of funny, but sad thing happened while I was trying to prepare dinner ahead this afternoon. I got the food processor out, and I was trying to make bread crumbs out of some whole wheat bread I have. I looked over right after I turned on the machine--the LOUD machine--and noticed that Conner's face was beet red! I turned off the food processor in alarm and realized he was SCREAMING! I went right to him, and he was crying like he was scared to death. I had been talking to him as he sat in his little bouncy seat right in the kitchen doorway, and then I turned on the machine. Maybe he thought Grandma's voice changed or something, but he was heartbroken! I picked him up and wiped away his tears and abandoned making dinner to rock him for a while. Poor baby! I've seen him turn red in the face when I've put him down to go make a bottle when I realized he was hungry. But I've never seen him cry like that. He was hiccupping for a few minutes after I started rocking him, and then he fell asleep. I felt bad for him--I hope food processor trauma isn't long-lasting.

Since I was sick today, I didn't do aerobics. I did lift weights and do some floor exercises. But I'm tired again tonight, so I'll write about my Bible study tomorrow.
I ended January with a 12 lb. loss, and I'm very thankful for that.

No comments: