Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"OPEN THE EYES OF MY HEART, LORD" :O

I JUST got home from dropping off Little Man, and it's 8:02. There were six cars upside down in a ditch between Centreville and Gainesville, and police cars and ambulances everywhere. Don told me to go home on 66, and there were accidents there too! I felt like kissing the ground when I got home, but it was too icy! :) Chris and Cam wanted me to turn around and go back home and they were going to come pick up Conner, but I couldn't figure out how to do that with the BAD traffic , so I just kept on going down the road. Hopefully schools will at least be delayed tomorrow morning. All of my family is safe, so far, so I'm going to cozy up with Don and watch The Biggest Loser--if he will watch it with me. He hates the music to that show.

Pray for Don....people are wanting to interview him all over the place, but we still don't know what is happening with the other contract, and that's the one he really wants. He told me yesterday that he will probably take the first job he's got a solid offer for, because we've been praying so much about this. I'm sure the right one will come along.

I had a really good Bible study last night, and it was several hours long, because I did my Ladies' class lessons too, and then I didn't end up going to Ladies' class. I had to pick up medicine in Fairfax, and I wanted to vote. I was a little nervous about driving Conner around in the ice, but he slept like a baby. But then he was wide awake and wanting to be entertained ALL DAY LONG! I kept moving him from one apparatus to another....from his bouncy seat with a mobile, to his exercise mat with a lot of toys that I just bought him last night, to his crib with a mobile and some stuffed animals, to his swing, then to Uncle Don who came home from work, and then Granddad who came home from work....and finally I gave in and camped out on the couch with him on my lap, and played. That was more fun than vacuuming and doing laundry anyway! I sure hope he's not getting spoiled! I guess that is what Grammies are for! He was great during our marathon commute home tonight. I always turn up 91.9 and we "sing" all the way to Gainesville. I don't know--maybe he was playing like he was asleep in hopes that Grandma would STOP singing. Well, I'd better go downstairs with Don. I didn't get to do H20 aerobics tonight because of the ice, but I want to do some kind of exercise, and Don was glad I was home, so I don't want to be on the computer. Stay safe!

2 comments:

jaime s said...

Hey, Jerri! Congrats on sticking with this! Sorry I haven't commented in awhile! Your sparkpage login that I have on my page is jerri150. If you go to my page skinnyjme I have a link to yours.

So glad you all arrived home safely! Post some new pics of Conner when you can. I'd love to see him!

Jerri said...

Hi, Jaime,
Thanks for giving me my sign in name. I think I will try using the Sparkpeople plan next week and see if I lose more weight.

The ice was pretty treacherous here tonight. I think school will be cancelled tomorrow. I was pretty nervous driving with Conner. I was thankful he was happy the whole time. I need to download some pictures off of my cameras....he has really grown. See you on Sparkpeople! :)