Friday, February 15, 2008

Baby Handprint and Footprint Hearts

Conner and I had a busy day today. I cleaned and cleaned, moving Little Man around from room to room with me. As long as I kept talking to him, he was happy. He dosed but not for long. He was happy all day. I took a picture of him in a cute little outfit I bought him for Valentine's Day, and I'm determined to download my softwear and get some pictures online. I'll have to make a promise or it won't happen. I'll promise by Monday, I will post some pictures.

Conner and I made Valentines for his mommy and daddy. By the way, it is a LOT harder to make tempera paint hand and footprints on a 5 month old than it is on a 4-5 yr. old! His little hands still want to be fists. I kind of pried open the fingers, painted on the tempera paint, tackling his arm with one hand and pressing it to the card BEFORE he could get a fistful of tempera paint in his little mouth. Then I washed the hand and started over with the other one. For the footprints, I stripped him down to his diaper and sat him in his baby bathtub. I painted his feet, one at a time, and then pressed the card to his feet, one at a time. I made one card (with the hands) for Mommy and the other (with the two feet) for Daddy. Then I traced my own hands on the front and back of a card and drew a heart in the middle with a picture of Conner on the heart....my card to Conner. Whew! I should have burned more than 1200 calories on THAT project. I'm going to bed! Tomorrow is Art Day! :)

No comments: