Sunday, June 01, 2008

Regrouping


(This is an old picture of me at my current weight....it should be a good measuring stick for my future progress.)

We had such a memorable worship service today--it inspired me like I really needed to be inspired! It was Missions Sunday, and I really hope that we met our giving goals. I am convinced that a lot of my personal goals go along with giving more and taking less. The Holy Spirit was evident today especially during worship--in the singing, in the message, and in the fellowship. I'm anxious to see how the giving was.

Along the lines with giving, I am recommitting myself to daily blogging and including my weight loss efforts. Todays was a great day that way. I did participate in the fasting/praying during the weekend. Today my calories are way down, because of part of that fasting. And I walked briskly for five miles today at Bull Run Park while Don played disk golf. I am committing myself to walking four miles per day six days a week. I also ordered the Firm DVD's which incoporate strength training and aerobics in a less than one hour DVD. I have suggested to Don that he use the gym at his work and we give up our Lifetime membership to save money, but he's hesitant because the pool helps me when I have lupus. I figure I can go to Cub Run, and I have been pretty healthy lately. Walking really helps my diabetes, but my joints hurt a lot after I walk, so the jury's still out on the gym membership. Still I have committed myself to walking and following the diabetes cure program in a book I bought a few months ago. It's the only thing I have found that works for my blood sugar. My goal is to get off of all my medications for diabetes and blood pressure by fall. I still have the goal of losing 100 lbs. this year. I'm a little behind, but I can still do it with God's strength...and His strength alone. Mine is puny without Him. (non-existant, more accurately) Finally, I am posting a picture of me month to month to show my progress....I won't scare you with my actual weight, but I'll let you know how much I lose every 1st of the month.
I gained a little in May, and I've lost it. So I didn't lose any in May.

No comments: