Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Challenging Day

Well, this has been an interesting day!! I knew we were going to have bad storms--it felt just like a spring day in the Texas panhandle this morning as I went out for my walk. I was really glad I got it done before Conner got to my house and before the storms hit! When the tornado warning was announced on TV, Don and I were playing with Conner. We took him downstairs and put him in his carseat in the bathroom and kept an eye on the situation. It was one of the worst storms I've ever seen in this area.

So far so good with the new committment with weight loss/exercise. Yesterday I got a blister on my heel, so I wasn't sure if I could walk today, but I bought some bandages made for blisters, and they worked great. I only had time to walk 4 miles, and I intended to do the other mile tonight, but since it was stormy, I had to be happy with 4. Tomorrow I may have to do 3, because Chris drops Conner off earlier. I'll probably walk all seven days this week to make up the mileage. (I'm trying to meet a personal challenge.)

2 comments:

jaime s said...

Way to go, Jerri! I am so inspired by your new commitment! I need to make one too! We are about to go on a family vacation and I intend to get back on track when we get back!

Keep up the good work!

I wish you could talk with my mom. She is diabetic and has high blood pressure. She doesn't have email though. You would be a great inspiration to her!

Jerri said...

It's good that you're working on being healthy since you have diabetes so much in your family. My dad was diabetic and so was my grandmother (mom's side) and my aunts and uncles on my dad's side.
I worked on it and lost a lot of weight when I was in my 30's and gained it back when I got lupus and had bad knees. Then about 8 years ago I developed diabetes after Don was hospitalized for a life threatening illness. It's good to be able to walk again. I'd love to encourage your mom. Diabetes can be a depressing disease. I am reading a good book The 30 Day Diabetes Miracle by Franklin House MD, Stuart A Seale MD and Ian Blake Newman. It would actually be helpful for your niece, too, because they address Type 1 diabetes, too. It has been really helping me. I would highly recommend that book to your mom.