Friday, October 12, 2007

Walking in sunshine......


Well, it's 4 AM, and I'm UP! Don't ask me why.....I woke up at 3 AM, and when I couldn't go back to sleep, I prayed a little while. Sometimes I think God wakes me up so that I can do that. But even after I prayed, I couldn't go back to sleep, so I'm blogging.

Yesterday I did several hours of vigorous "aerobic" housecleaning, and ate according to my plan. That's one of the things I prayed about--thanking God for helping me stay on track. Today I plan on taking a LONG walk in the beautiful fall weather.

Yesterday I got to spend some time with Conner and Cameron and Chris. Little Man is SO chubby--especially his cheeks! Cameron is NOT looking forward to going back to work and leaving Conner at home, but she's happy I'm going to be caring for him.
My heart goes out to her. I feel SO honored that she and Chris want me to be with Conner. Cam said she's not worried about leaving him with me at all! That makes me feel honored as well. I know how much she loves her little boy--and Chris, too.

When I used to go on mission trips with the teens when my boys were young, I used to have this profound sense of peace, knowing that all day long I was doing exactly what God wanted me to do--going out and knocking on doors and serving people in the Inner City of Nashville. Well, I feel that same sense of profound peace about taking care of Conner and being home taking care of my family again. I loved teaching preschool as well, and I think that was a gift from God too. But the time is right now for me to be home again and it is such a gift to be able to care for Conner.

The other thing I want to do and feel so much joy about is writing and illustrating!
I'm enjoying my art class so much, and I've been full of ideas for more children's books. I think that's one reason I stay awake when I wake up at night, because that's when ideas come to me. I'm excited about having some time to work on those ideas! God is so good to us! Life never has to be boring or lacking possibility!
It is "new every morning"!

No comments: