Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Grandmas


Okay, so after the flurry of activity yesterday, today I am zonked! Am I getting old or what? Well, afterall, I am a Grandma now! Well, that's doesn't exactly work for me....my own Grandma went non-stop from morning till night, like 4 AM-10PM every single day. I remember running behind her to step in her footprints in the garden when I was a little girl. I never could keep up with her. I remember liking Sundays, because Grandma sat down in the pew next to me, and I could snuggle up to her. I loved her "Grandma smell", like perfume and vanilla cakes and Jergens lotion.
I loved the softness of her, and the way her hair curled up under her hairnet. My grandma was the sweetest, and she had a twinkle in her eye that belonged to me. I want to be like that for Conner, so I'd better get over feeling zonked. But I don't think my hair will ever be curling up under any hairnet, and I'm pretty sure I'll be the one having a hard time keeping up with Conner by the time he's 2. Time to work out!

2 comments:

Odgie said...

Whoa, Jerri! I knew that you and Don had a grandchild on the way, but I didn't know he had arrived! When was he born? Congratulations! And please pass my best wishes on to Chris.

Jerri said...

Ironically, Conner was born Sept.11! We gladly are adopting a new significance for that day! :)
Thank you so much for the congrats!
I will let Chris know! By the way, I really enjoy your blog. It is very thought provoking! And congratulations on your marriage! I'm happy for the two of you!