Saturday, October 06, 2007

A great Saturday


Today was my second art class, and I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE it!! It's the thing I'm meant to do....luckily I found this out by the time I am 52 years old, huh? I am taking acrylic,oil painting, and we are working on color. We are working with palette knives, and today I had kind of a flash of memory of my dad painting with a palette knife. I must have been 2 years old, and I remember him painting using a palette knife. I felt really connected to him, maybe because tomorrow is the anniversary of his death. I was going to send flowers to the cemetary, but it's Oklahoma...hot and windy. They wouldn't last, and mom said she already has plenty of silk ones out there. I would mainly be doing it for her anyway.

I am making a birthday dinner for Chris/Nathan. I timed everything right, thinking the chickens were precooked, but NO, they are just preseasoned, so now we won't be eating until 8! Maybe I'll serve dinner in courses....uh, salad, bread, dinner at 8 and cake and ice cream. The only problem is that my kids, uh, grown men, are playing basketball, so they'll be hungry. Grandpa Don and I are going to be watching Little Man tonight while the young people go watch their friend Phil's band.
(Don't I make us sound old--Don hates that. He's not ready to be a senior citizen yet! :)

Pray for my friend, Cynthia. She is having surgery on Friday to remove her thyroid.
I'm praying that she doesn't have cancer. She is concerned about that. Also, pray for our son, Don. He is having wisdom teeth out Monday. One of them is right on top of a nerve. Pray that the surgeon doesn't damage his nerve. Hubby Don is having another CAT scan on Friday to make sure his spleen is no longer enlarged. I'm concerned about him, too, but not too concerned.

Well, the sweaty guys are back....I have to go divert their attention from the food. Happy Saturday!

No comments: