Monday, October 08, 2007

One Year Ago....


Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my Dad's death. I actually thought a lot more about him the day before and the day after--today. Saturday, I thought about him in my art class, remembering him painting with a palette knife. Today I thought about my last moments with him. I have never been with anyone else at the moment of death. It was a profoundly moving experience and one I will never forget. It's also not something my mom would want me to share, but I can say that I knew the second my father was no longer present in his body. I felt a connection with my Dad at his death, not a ripping away. I knew he was in God's presence when he left us.
He was where I want to end up at the end of my life--with God. But hopefully, not yet. I think my family still needs me.

Today, son Don had two of his four wisdom teeth out. He was feeling well right after. His fiance, Elise, took him for the surgery and then brought him to her family's house for the afternoon. When she brought him home, he was in a good bit of pain, so I am taking care of him tonight. Actually, the pain medicine is working, and he's feeling a lot better. I realize how much I love being needed. I don't like to see my family sick or in pain, but I love taking care of them.

God has been good to me. I have no complaints at all! I love my life, and I love my family. Thank you, God!

No comments: