Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm cute but no excuse for Grandma NOT exercising


Okay, now I really need to be seriously working on my exercise again.....I've been too tired lately, but I'm getting into a vicious cycle.....too tired, not exercising, tireder yet, etc. etc. Tomorrow morning, I am going to walk and then go to water aerobics before going to Chris'. Then, I think I will take little man out in the stroller. I keep waiting for Chris and Cameron to take him out, because I know how important those "firsts" can be. "First" stroller ride....but Cam said she's not sentimental about that. I am in love with Conner....I just can't get enough of him! Sat. night, when Don and I were watching him together, I had been holding him and kissing him all over his face, and Don said, "Are you going to share? Do I get a turn?" It was so funny. I said, "No!" But, I gave him a turn!
Of course, I get him right back when there's a dirty diaper involved! :)

See how I get distracted? Now, back to exercise. I am going to post here about what form of exercise I get every day. Feel free to chastise me....whoever actually reads my blog. Les, I know you do....you're going to have to break down and get a password so you can comment. Weight Watchers is another option. It just galls me to PAY money NOT to eat. I should be able to do that for FREE! More than half the world CAN'T eat--and we Americans pay people to make sure we don't eat! I know God doesn't like that! I want to be here for Little Man and for all of my grandbabies, my kids and especially for Don. How selfish am I to NOT lose weight when doing so will most likely let me be here for my family? I'm not joking. I'm serious. It's something I know I need to do every day when I get up, and then I don't. I hate that about me. I'm a busy person....moving all day, but I need the exercise, and I need to WRITE down what I eat. I need accountability. Anyone else out there with me?

2 comments:

jaime s said...

So funny you should ask me to check in on you. Next week, I am beginning my own "weight loss" get in shape program. In fact, I am going to be the guinnee pig. My cousin (who is TOTALLY in shape and has a big time passion for helping educate others in fitness and healthy living) and I want to develop a program for our church family. We haven't worked out all the specifics yet but we are both really excited about it.

One thing that I can suggest that I think would help with this battle is to begin watching The Biggest Loser. It is the most inspiring show. It's on NBC on Tuesday nights at 8:30. I think I'm going to blog about it. It's an amazing show. I would even go to blockbuster and try to rent previous seasons. That way you can watch them back to back. Our program will incorporate some of the ideals of this show. Watch it!! It's amazing!!

I'll be checking back with you soon. I would also suggest setting small goals and making small changes instead of doing something crazy drastic that you are more than likely not going to stick with.

P.S. Conner is a cutie!!

Jerri said...

Thank you, Jaime! I like The Biggest Loser! We watch it sometimes, too. I'd like to be the "long distance" member of your group. I'm using the Sparkpeople.com website, because I can type in my specifics (diabetic; weight, etc.) and they plan your meals for you. If you want to substitute, they give you choices, and the carbs, fats,calories etc. are just right.
One of my friends from church and I are going to do the Lose It for Life plan together every other Friday, too. I did really well with my eating yesterday, and I did what I call "aerobic housecleaning." Three hours worth of constant heavy housecleaning (up and down stairs, scrubbing etc.) burns more calories than the same amount of water aerobics--believe it or not! :) Today I am going to do a long walk, because it is SO beautiful outside finally!
I'll be watching your blog to see how your group is going. Thanks so much for your encouragement--and for thinking Conner is cute! He makes me smile all of the time! I am so thankful for him!
Cameron and I have been so happy about Bennett's progress--he's doing so well! Praise God! Pray for Cynthia Oz (Kern) from our marriage class--she's having a thyroidectomy today. She may have cancer, but I'm praying she doesn't. She's my friend who is going to do the Lose it For Life thing with me.