Saturday, August 02, 2008

Tired with a Headache

I was too tired to go online last night after we got home at 10 PM from going out with our friends for dinner and a movie. I did well with my eating out...I just ate part of a crab cake, some mashed potatoes, about a quarter cup of corn, some broccoli and a lot of cooked carrots....no dessert and no popcorn at the movies. The bad thing was I also didn't have time to exercise yesterday at all. My friend Christine came over for lunch and stayed until Cameron picked up Conner....who was sick with a runny nose. I had just enough time to pick up and then meet our friends and Don for dinner. Since I didn't exercise, I was relieved not to be tempted to eat a lot for dinner or tempted by popcorn.

This morning I caught up on sleep for the week. I haven't slept my eight hours all week. Now my head is hurting. Go figure...my body isn't used to me getting my sleep. Today I'm giving myself some time to paint and recharge my batteries. I am going to either go to the Cub Run pool and swim or go to my friend Cynthia's house and get in the pool. I haven't gotten in the pool all summer. I've been walking and doing other exercise. I miss it, and my joints are hurting, so I think a day in the water would help.

Last night we saw Swing Vote. I am surprised it was such a thoughtful movie. I think our two party system has become such a hypocritical bunch of hot air! I don't think a person who wants to run for any political office stands for anything at all when he or she hides behind a party platform and neglects to speak any of his or own truths. I am never again going to vote for a man or woman based on his or her political party. I don't know how many politicians I have heard invoke the name of JFK, Roosevelt or Lincoln. At a time in our nation's history when we need great leaders like they were, we have men who need political parties and advisors to tell them what they believe. That's why I liked Hillary Clinton. I didn't agree with her about everything she believed, but she wasn't afraid to speak up for the poor people in our country...who are getting poorer. I'm not sure if either of the other candidates care at all about what is becoming the larger part of our population. Okay, so I am cynical about politics....but not about the what God can do.

No comments: