Sunday, August 03, 2008

Great Day


Do you think this will be a good 8 by 10?

It was a really good worship service this morning. I was ready to worship....sometimes going to worship is like finding an oasis in the middle of a desert! We sang some really great songs, Abbie Mills was baptized, and Bruce preached a really great sermon about Paul's conversion. It was encouraging to me to consider how Paul, when he was Saul, persecuted the church (and Christ) and how God's plan was carried out in his life. I want God's plan for me to be carried out in my life. I need to learn how to just give myself over to His plan....I'm always striving. I need to be still and wait for Him. I'm not good at waiting. He's always faithful to me, though.

Don and I went to see The Dark Knight--we were peer pressured into it by Bruce. :) Actually, Don has been wanting to see it, and I've been promising to go see it with him. Afterall, he saw Mama Mia with me last week! :) It was pretty well done, if you like action packed, bloody movies with lots of really ugly bad guys. When I got tired of the non stop action, I got up and got myself a cup of coffee. The coffee was really good! :)

Today I went to Walmart and bought Little Man two bouncy balls and a stacky toy. He really loved the bouncy balls at VBS last week. I can't wait until Wed. when I get to play with him again. I also copied some prints to send to my mom. He's growing up so fast! I got a really nice picture of Conner and Don made into an 8 by 10. We need to get a good one with me....I'm always taking the pictures. He won't remember what Grandma looks like when he gets older if something happens to me!

No comments: