Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer's End....Here comes September!!!



This is NOT a universal wedding invitation! :) I just want to share the beautiful job they did on the invitations!

I usually feel a little blue to see summer end, but also have a feeling of expectation when fall arrives. I enjoy all of the seasons, but none is more beautiful to me than fall in Virginia! This year, September should be phenominal in our family! Almost 23 years ago, on September 13th, our youngest son was born, making Friday the 13th a great day for us. Now, September 11th has become a great day for our family, because our little grandson, (nephew, and son, Conner Steven, was born almost a year ago! (I can't believe it!) And this year, we are adding another new member to our family, our sweet new almost daughter-in-law, Elise, who will marry our son Don on Sept. 27th! This is a day our family has been eagerly awaiting for at least a year, and philosophically for over 24 years. I prayed diligently for my future daughters-in-law when my boys were babies and growing up. Cameron is a blessing to our son, Chris, as he is to her, and now Elise will bless Don's life, as I'm sure he will hers. Our September is already completely booked up! The first week, Don's brother Les is going to his 50th high school reunion--YES 50th! We are meeting Don's family in NY state for that weekend.
The following weekend, we celebrate Nate's and Conner's birthdays--Conner's first so it's going to be a huge gathering...Nate's a family event...and another wedding related event! The next week, the boys and Don (hubby) are giving Don a bachelor camping trip up in the Blueridge..... (I will be chillin' at home, panicking in peace, I'm sure...), and I hope to attend another wedding related celebration for someone NOT in my family. The following week, my nephew comes into town for the wedding on Thurs., we have the rehearsal dinner on Friday and the wedding on Saturday!! Sunday the newlyweds will fly to Jamaica for their honeymoon, and Monday we will take Ansel, my nephew, to the airport. AND the first weekend in October is both Christopher's 32nd birthday AND a Ladies Retreat in Lancaster, PA where I am going with Jenny Jackson! So don't expect to see many blogs here for a while! (Or I may be doing a lot of processing here!) It's really an exciting time for our family! I am so thankful for God's blessings!

No comments: