Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Eventful Week



33rd Wedding Anniversary August 9, 2008

After today I am going to post calories/exercise every few days, because I am doing really well, and posting on both Sparkpeople and here takes a lot of time. I did the express Cardio overdrive with the Firm, and that wasn't enough, so I also did the regular workout this morning before Conner got here.
I am feeling so strong now. Also, I forgot to take my meds this morning with breakfast, because Conner was here. I remembered at lunch time, so I took my blood sugar before lunch, and my reading was normal without having taken my blood sugar meds. this morning--and I had two pieces of toast for breakfast! I am making some really important progress now. Thanks to God, because I have been asking Him to help my body function the way it is supposed to. Just last week, AFTER exercising and before eating breakfast, my blood sugar was 100 pts higher than that.

I am also going to do the weight lifting DVD from the Firm and yoga to stretch out. Wed. I have more time to exercise, since I'm mostly finished with my work around here....I just remembered I left the water on in my garden. Well I now have a nicely meandering stream in my backyard, and I'm sure the garden eating critters are just having a ball about now! My neighbor and I were talking today, and I was looking out at the backyard when I noticed the squirrels out there--about 6 of them--going from one plant to the other. Now I know why my plants keep making flowers and growing bigger but are not producing cucumbers, tomatoes and squash! Charlie may have been a little pipsqueak toy poodle, but he kept the squirrels and birds at bay! I'm going to rent my neighbor's cat, Seven--he brings home squirrel tails as trophies. He's the wildest long hair beautiful cat I've ever known! I usually don't
get too mushy about cats, but if they serve a purpose.... (Cats are too aloof--I need constant adoration!) :)

Speaking of constant adoration, have I mentioned how much I adore my grandson? Well, he has a cough that has not impressed his pediatrician much, but it has mommy and grandma concerned. He and I played with the bouncy balls I bought him and the stacky rings, and I got down on the floor with Conner to take pictures. Then I read him one book and he was too sleepy for anymore, so I put him down. He had just fallen asleep when he started coughing and got strangled, so I picked him up and camped out with him on the couch until he fell asleep. Cameron found us both asleep when she got here--I got up at 5:30 again this morning. I don't see him again until Friday, and then we have only two days next week, and he'll be going to the beach with Chris and Cam and two other couples for a week! After that, we are back to school schedule.

This weekend is our 33rd anniversary and also my art workshop, which lasts all weekend....for 2 hours Friday night, for 6 hours Sat. and Sun. In the evenings Sat. and Sun. night, Don and I are going to do things in Old TowneAlex. and DC, like take a ride on one of the riverboats and eat in one of the sidewalk cafes. This is our gift to each other. While I am in class, Don is going to enjoy our hotel, which is really nice, with a pool and a workout room and a two room suite. The class is on Developing an Idea, and I am supposed to bring all of the media I have. I am bringing oil, acrylic, pencils, charcoal and ink....as well as canvas, a sketchpad and canvas sheets. I only have to buy ink. I am also supposed to come with ideas of things I would like to accomplish with my art. I am bringing a few of my children's book ideas and some poems. I feel like I'm really making progress with this part of my life, too. I haven't decided what classes I am going to take in the fall, but I plan to take 2. I'll post my calories later. So far I've burned 864 and eaten 1300 and something.

For our vacation this year, Don and I are staying home and pretending to be tourists, and do the stuff we usually don't have time to do. I hope you all are enjoying your summer, too.

No comments: