Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Things are changing....

I'm finally starting to see some progress in my muscle strength and my weight loss. Don noticed that my legs are looking better, and I've noticed that my knees are definitely functioning better. Yesterday I didn't get online and figure out calories, but I did eat healthily and exercised in the pool at Bull Run Park. I tried to sign online, but after about 5 tries, I gave up. I finally had to unplug everything and restart. At that point, I just didn't care anymore.

I'm also seeing progress in my attitude. I'm reading a tidbit of scripture and devotional from the Lose it For Life materials with Don every morning. I have been asking God to be in control of my appetite, my health and my energy. I have seen and felt a change in my perseverance.

Thurs. Son Don is getting the apartment he and Elise will be living in after they are married. He said he'll probably just move in their stuff and stay here....he said it would be weird sleeping there when everyone is here and Elise is still at her parents' house. I'm going to miss Don. He always comes in and talks to me and seems to enjoy it. I know I do. Conner really will miss him.

Tonight Don Sr. hollered up at me, "Jerri, I'm going to walk Charlie!" I almost answered, "Okay!" Then I remembered Charlie isn't here anymore. I went out and took a walk with Don, and he didn't even have to wait for me to sniff the trees etc.
:)

We will be married 33 years on Sat. It's been a great 33 years, too! God knew what he was doing when he gave Don and me to each other. We may not be perfect (by any definition of the word), but we're perfect for each other! :)

Oh, by the way, Don loved the 8 by 10 of him and Conner. I framed it and put it on the piano to surprise him.

No comments: