Thursday, July 10, 2008

That which I do not want to do I find myself doing...

Okay...now about my promise to get back on track....I did REALLY well at Camp WAMAVA. Not only was I up and down the hills every day, I worked out in the pool AND I did not eat even one thing from the cantine all week long. I brought Kashi granola bars with me to camp, and I had one every day at cantine time. I did drink diet sodas, and we all went to Jalisco's for Mexican food on Thurs. afternoon. I didn't have dessert there either. My weight was down and my muscles were up when I got home!

BUT...I haven't done well since I've been back. I could make excuses about being sick, having to put Charlie to sleep, catching up on laundry, the moon being in the wrong phase for weight loss, but....I know, "that which I do not want to do, I find myself doing and that that I want to do I do not do".....(Romans 7, which Bruce talked about in class last night.) Wretched woman that I am, who is going to set me free from this body of sin and death? Well, Jesus will, but it may be at my own demise if this continues. My morning blood sugars are back to being ridiculous! So, beginning tomorrow (I already ate a chicken pot pie with my neighbor, Lisa, at a
French bakery today, after I took her to a doctor's appt.)--beginning, tomorrow! (for sure!) I am writing down my calories and exercise for all 2 or 3 of you who keep up with my blog! (I may have lost you guys due to inconsistent posting....)
I spent too much money buying The Firm, not to use it, and I have a wedding coming up in the next couple of months. No one will be looking at the mother of the groom--except the father of the groom, but he counts! Most important, I want to be here as long as I can be. Pray for me to straighten up and "do what I would do"....because I agree that the the law of (calories in/calories out) is GOOD!

No comments: