Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's probably a vulture.....

I'm not in a great mood tonight. I get anxious when Don starts believing business opportunity letters we get in the mail. Since he doesn't go online, he doesn't see the dozens of those kinds of emails I delete every day. Don, most of the time, believes that if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and promises lots of ducks, it's a duck. I believe if it looks like a duck.....it's probably a vulture. We're a good mix, but getting to common ground about these things takes work. The good quality that makes Don believe letters like that is that he also believes things like someday I'll be a successful writer and he can retire and be my manager.
:)

VBS is winding down. Conner came with me today, and he was hilarious! He hasn't been around babies very much, and he thought he needed to taste a few of them. He hasn't been around toddlers pushing things with wheels on them, and Conner loves to spin wheels. I ran a lot of interference. He also had never seen me holding a lot of babies, while Conner is on the floor, NOT being held. He did not like that at all. But he got over it. It was lots of fun, and we both came home and had a nap!
I am a grandmother, after all.

We're all getting excited about the wedding now....especially Don and Elise. I can't wait to have Elise in our family. It's been so fun watching Don and Elise kind of grow up together. They started dating their junior year of high school and both of them were each other's first serious boy/girl friend. They have both matured and brought out the best in each other in every way. I'm excited about them starting their life together in Sept. and about having Elise in our family!

In my devotional time this morning, I was focusing on letting God heal the things in me that need healing. I find myself trying to do things "for God"....instead of just letting Him work on me. I know I have the responsibility to obey God, study, pray etc., but the real changes come from the Holy Spirit renewing my mind daily and filling me with the fruits of the Spirit...so that I can never boast.

No comments: