Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Busy Day

This morning I walked and ended up getting two phone calls while I was rushing to get ready for VBS on time. Tomorrow I'm going out earlier.

Lately I've been thinking about what it is that I treasure, since Jesus said where our treasure is there our heart will be also. I've decided to make sure that I live my days to show what it is I truly treasure in this life. If I treasure my life here on this earth, I won't be building up treasures in Heaven. So, although it's important to keep track of what I'm eating and exercise every day, it isn't okay to turn my weight loss efforts into the center of my "free time". I need to focus on letting the Holy Spirit transform my thinking about weight/food issues. I have noticed that when I'm doing well with my program, I usually don't think about food/dieting/weight as much, but when I'm not doing what I know I should be doing, I think about it all of the time. That tells me that there is a spiritual aspect to my weight loss efforts--actually everything we do is spiritual.

Well, I'm cutting this short, because I am REALLY tired. Holding multiple babies all morning at VBS wore out this Grandma. Tomorrow I get to take Little Man with me.

No comments: