Friday, July 25, 2008

Recommitted


One of the things I would like to ask God when I go to Heaven, if it even matters to me once I see Him face to face, is if, when I pray for answers and one occurs to me, if that is God telling my heart the answer. I happen to believe that is true, but I'm so afraid of writing my own answers in my heart, that I question everything. When I question Him and the same answer pops in my heart, then I take that to be God answering my prayer.

That happened to me yesterday when I was praying. I haven't been working on myself lately. Nathan moved back home for a month, because the union hasn't had any jobs lately, due to the bad economy, so I've been helping him do the job search thing, encouraging him and spending more time with him and Don (Jr.) lately. Of course, I don't pay as much attention to my own needs, and I use that as an excuse not to sleep as much and not to eat right and not exercise. And, of course, my blood sugar has gone up. As an alarming side bar, Don's coworker's wife, who is about my age, died in her sleep night before last. So Don is more concerned than he should be about me, because I've been irresponsible about my own health. So I'm not taking good care of my husband either. I was praying and asking for forgiveness as well as strenghth and focus yesterday, when the answer in my heart was: You take care of everyone else except yourself. You're the one you should be worried about! Well, as true as that was, I questioned whether it was God's "voice" in my heart or my own, or perhaps my mom's. Then this morning when I asked God to help me, that admonition came into my heart again. So I got up at 6 this morning and went out for my three mile walk. I made myself an egg white omlet with veggies for breakfast and recommitted myself to Spark people, which really helps me. Again, I am posting my calories and exercise minutes here, so if you'd like to encourage me, I appreciate it. Also, I am posting the picture above for my second "before" picture. On the 25th of every month I am going to post a picture with me and Little Man for you to compare. Hopefully, he will get bigger and I will get smaller. Pray for me friends. My life here on earth depends on my sanity, strength and discipline in this area. The self control will come from the Holy Spirit, I am certain. Thank you in advance for your prayers, admonition, and encouragement!

2 comments:

Sign2Jill said...

I'm glad you're back on the blog-roll! Keep up the great attitude!

Jerri said...

Thanks, Jill. I wanted to go to your blog, but I was blocked. Let me know if I can be one of your "friends". :)