Thursday, January 01, 2009

Daily Goals for 2009....Long Term in Another Post

Don has to work today, but I'm not complaining, because that gives me time to be work on my goals for 2009. I really like beginnings of things, and I reset goals a few times a year, so I don't call the goals I set at the beginning of the year resolutions. I have been thinking about these goals for a long time. I want them to be specific and practical. I am writing down the daily goals first, but I actually got them from my long term goals, which I will put in a different post. I wrote down my process and then scrolled up and put my final results on top, in case you aren't interested in what got me here. I wanted to post it all, because it was helpful for me to see why I feel like a hamster on a treadmill sometimes....without the cardio benefits! :)

2009 Goals FINAL RESULTS (See below for my boring working out the details process...)
1. Bible Study and Prayer 1 hour per day
2. 45 minutes cardio and 30 minutes strength/yoga per day
3. Weight watchers meeting every week 1 hour
4. 30 minutes to write down all food eaten per day during meal prep.
5. 2 hours per day Tue-Fri cleaning...4 on Fri. because of groceries
6. 4 hours of writing daily....6 on the weekends. Contact publishers weekly
7. 8 hours of sleep daily
8. Winding down, stretching and praying for others 30 minutes daily.

Okay that works better. That is about 16-17 hours scheduled....my hours with Conner and Don fit into the remaining 7 or so hours. I just can't set myself up for failure, and I will have to delegate...especially cleaning up after people.



1. One hour of focused personal Bible study and prayer per day...no more no less.
2. One hour of cardio and one hour of either strength training or yoga per day. AM and PM
I know it sounds like a lot, but I've built up to it and it is necessary to keep the mobility in my leg, change my metabolism and keep my morning blood sugars low.

3. Attend one Weight Watchers meeting every week in 2009

4. Measure and write down everything I eat in 2009

5. T-F follow my cleaning schedule and do no more or less than 2 hours of housework per day....keep up, not catch up.

6. Use Don's teacfhing times/nap times for writing. Write at least 4 hours per day....6 on days Don teaches.

7. /8. Sleep 8 hours per day.

8. End my day by stretching/physical therapy/ hot tea and praying for others.

Okay...I used the calculator. At least now I know where my problems lie. I have to schedule 22 hours a day to do everything I need to do....and I'm not scheduling the time I spend with Don, Conner, friends, ESL, going to church, talking to people either in person or on facebook...AAAHHH! I'm going to work this out.

1. Bible study and prayer not negotiable...one hour per day min. Nothing else works without that.
2. Okay so maybe I can do 45 min. cardio and 30 min. strength/yoga per day
3. One hour per week Weight watchers...on my way to art class. Sat., so no need to count in schedule
4. Writing down food/measuring is essential...works into meal preparation...at least 5-10 min. per meal
5. Cleaning...I would delegate, but I'm the one who cares the most, and that really is my job now that I'm a stay at home Grandma...taking care of Conner and my home and husband are my daily responsibilities....at least 2 hours for the house and more for Conner....I follow Don's schedule, so my free time is with him.
6. Writing...if I'm serious I need to use all of Don's teaching/Conner's and Don's nap time for writing. ....I need about 4 hours a day every day.
7. Sleep is non negotiable for health reasons
8. Winding down/stretching 30 min.
Okay that works better. That is about 16-17 hours scheduled....my hours with Conner and Don fit into the remaining 7 or so hours. I just can't set myself up for failure, and I will have to delegate...especially cleaning up after people.

No comments: