Thursday, January 08, 2009

God's Heart

Conner is walking all over the place, and he's listening to Grandma! I'm so proud of him...and busy! This morning we've stayed at Chris's house for awhile, and I love watching him in his own home. He knows his boundaries. We're having fun now!!

On my own front, I have done well with my plan to lose weight. I have stayed right on the Weight Watchers program, and I've exercised every day...most days for an hour. It looks like I'm down 9 lbs. I knew it would be big...I did the opposite of that over Christmas. I did really well right up to and past Thanksgiving. Then the force of my own worst nature took over! I also decided to do Jaime's plan for reading through the Bible. I already have read through the Bible doing the three part readings. Now I'm reading 12 pages a day...6 in the Old Testament and 6 in the new. (No wonder I've lost weight this week...I've been up diverting Conner at least 6 times in the past two paragraphs!):)

In my readings so far, one of the things that moved me was in the story of Noah. People are always blaming God for all of the violence in the world...as in He doesn't stop it, so He is responsible. Well, in the days of Noah, the Bible said that every inclination of the hearts of men were evil all of the time...and the world was full of violence, so God was sorry that He had created man. It also said God's heart was full of pain! I think of God's heart and how forgiving He is. I think of Him and His patience, and his uncomprehendable love for us...how He condescended to become a human--He who created us and who is perfect in His holiness!
And his heart was full of pain because of the evil and violence of men. There are things that scream injustice in this world--the most heinous is that men blame God for the evil in this world! His every action and every intent was to save us from evil. But often, we won't be saved! So He gives us our way, and it fills His heart with pain! The only reason He hasn't destroyed us completely is becuse He is patient, not wanting any man to perish!

I have to go chase a baby now...more calories burned! (Burn, baby, burn!)

No comments: