Sunday, January 04, 2009

Final Goals

Well, I joined Weight Watchers on Saturday, and it wasn't pretty~I thought, going in, that I would have gained back half of the weight I lost in 2008, which was 32 lbs., but I gained back all 32 lbs! But facing reality inspires me to do something about it, and I have been writing down, measuring, calculating points and walking like crazy since Sat. Don has been supportive, especially since I told him..."If I find out the world is coming to an end this evening at 6PM, I'm going to get my walk in by 5!" I have to be that determined, or everything else comes before my exercise.
(You know carrying a 31 lb. toddler up and down stairs a gajillion times a day COULD be considered exercise!)

So here are my long term goals for 2009:

1. Read through the Bible and take notes daily/continue to pray daily/pray for someone whose life can be touched by the gospel and "step in".
2. 45 minutes of cardio at least 6 days per week.
3. 30 minutes of weight/strengthening exercises 3 times per week
4. Yoga or stretching daily
5. Be the biggest loser in my friend Jaime's Biggest Loser Challenge
6. Lose 15 lbs. per month until I am down to 150 lbs.
7. Publish at least one children's book and one book of poetry in 2009
8. Send an item in to be considered by someone weekly (writing)
9. Write for four hours per day
10. Stay on my housework schedule so I don't have to play catch up.
11. Make sure our Writer's group meets monthly
12. Host a Writers' retreat in the spring
13. Plan one adventure weekend per month with Don and /or our family.
14. Sell 4 paintings

I know these goals don't seem spiritual, for the most part, but they are. All of these things are things I need to do to enable me to live my best for God. I appreciate prayers and accountability.

2 comments:

jaime s said...

Great goals, Jerri! I am so glad you are joining our BL Club. I think it'll be fun and motivating!!

I picked up the read thru the Bible in 90 days Bible last time I was in Lifeway. Basically you read 12 pages a day (aprox. 45 min. of reading per day) and in 90 days you'll have read the Bible cover to cover. I am not so worried about the 90 days as I am reading the Bible cover to cover. I've never done it and have always wanted to!

So proud of you for joining WW. So many people I know have found it to be very successful for consuming the right amount of calories. REALLY proud of your workout goals! Looking forward to watching your success weekly!

Jerri said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Jaime. I have decided to put myself into the hands of the Weight Watcher program...no deviating off no matter how much progress I make. I don't know if you know, but years ago...about 20, I lost 78 lbs. on Weight Watchers. I was down to a size 14, which is smaller than I have ever been. I didn't gain it back until I got sick with Hepatitis A and then lupus and then lost my knee function...and had to stop walking. But if I would have stayed on the diet, I would never have gained it back. I am determined never to be here again. Thanks for the team. It will be fun. email me your address, okay? I want to send in my $25.