Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sept. 27th--one of the BEST days

The wedding was more than we could have asked or imagined! Don and Elise were so joyful, and I don't think there was one person at the wedding or the reception who didn't share their joy! Tim Jones did a wonderful job with the wedding ceremony--it was absolutely perfect for them. Elise was a beautiful bride, and she was so happy, which made her glow! Her dress was elegant and beautiful, and she picked out really nice dresses for the bridesmaids. Don looked very handsome...his tux was longer than the rest of them, so he looked really TALL and handsome.

A really great thing that was unexpected was that Don (son) and I ended up having a manicure and pedicure together. He wanted a pedicure, so Don Sr. gave him some money and told him to meet me where I was going. The only thing was I decided to get mine done where I was getting my hair done. Don came over thinking I was having my hair done, but ended up sitting in the chair next to me and getting his nails done. We had fun. Don had never had a pedicure before, and wanted to get rid of his rough feet for Elise. I thought it was hilarious that we ended up doing that together--I had felt a little lonely getting mine done by myself on the wedding day.

I don't think there was a dry eye in the church during their ceremony. Both Don and Elise were teary, and so were her mom and I. It was really special. Don and I are so happy for them. At the reception, Elise's grandad was supposed to say grace, and he did a great job. First he explained what grace meant in the Bible, then he told us what "Amen" meant, and then he had us say "Amen". It was cool. Then we all danced the night away. Don and Elise like "oldies", so there were a lot of Beatles and 60's and 70's music. It was great. Don and I felt young again. What was most gratifying was to hear what Elise's dad had to say about Don, and that he believed their match was really made in Heaven. Tim, our neighbor, friend, and Don and Elise's minister at New Life Christian Church, said that he really believed the angels were singing and God was smiling down on Don's and Elise's union. I truly felt that way! Thank you God for September 27th. It was one of the best days! Pictures later.

3 comments:

jaime s said...

What a special day!! I am sure I would've cried too! I always cry at weddings now (happy tears). Since I have been blessed with the greatest husband ever... I know what that feels like to stand in front of your loved ones pledging your life to the one in front of you!!

I recently read a quote from J. Dobson that went something like this... When it comes to marriage, don't look for someone that you think you can spend the rest of your life with, instead look for the person that you can't live your life without!

I love that. There are plenty of people I could probably live with but Murray is the only one I don't want to live without!!

Blessings on your week, and congrats on being a new MIL (again)!!

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful wedding. Elise looked so elegant in her gown and Don looked so handsome. They looked so in love with each other and very happy.
I wish them much happiness.
Love,
Lisa G.

Jerri said...

Jaime--I love that quote. I really feel like Don is the one person I couldn't live without. I think Don and Elise feel that way about each other, too. Thank you for sharing that with me.

Lisa, thank you for making things run smoothly for us all! I know that was a job with how short the attention spans are collectively among some of us--especially when there is so much excitement in the air!:) I appreciate you so much!