Monday, September 01, 2008

I Found a Dress!

Well, this morning I got my dress! I'm taking a chance ordering it online, but I know that it will be flattering on me, as long as it is what it says it is. I can send it back. I also ordered my shoes, so I'm a little nervous. This whole weekend was about birthdays and the wedding, except for Sunday. We went to church at New Life at the last minute, because we were running late. (I woke up dizzy again...) It turned out to be what we've been calling a "God thing". Our neighbor was preaching, and his lesson was on what works to bring people to repentence. He went through all of the things that didn't work in the OT and new....people only immediately respond to miracles but forget. What works is God's love....He knows us...really knows us and loves us anyway. And that works. His love transforms us. That settled a lot of things for me. Also, we surprised Don and Elise, driving up behind them at church, and Marie, Andrew and Chris were there, my "adopted daughter" and family. Speaking of Marie and Andrew, we went to Andrew's second birthday party Sat. He was so cute....he got a drum set from his uncle, and we all circled up around him as he played it. He actually played it really well, beating the bass drum with his foot and using the drumsticks on the snare drums and cymbals. Then he would stop and wait for us to clap. Conner was sitting in his stroller taking it all in, so as soon as Andrew was ready to play with something else, I put Conner on the stool, and Andrew graciously handed him the drumsticks. Conner loved that.

Yesterday after church Don and I spent the day together....having fun. We ate at Red Robin, and I had a salmon sandwich on grain bread. It was really good. I can't remember what Don had...I was enjoying my salmon sandwich too much. :) After that we saw TRAITOR. That was a really good movie. I usually don't like that type of movie, but I was interested in the fact that it was Steve Martin's creation, and it was about Al Quaida sleeper cells. He evidently did a lot of research on this movie, and it was an accurate portrayal of how the terrorism network operated in our country and others. It wasn't graphically violent, but it was intense and interesting. After that Don and I went to Cub Run Rec center, and I worked out in the pool while Don lifted weights.

I woke up this morning at 6 when son Don was getting ready for work...and I had no dizziness...first day since our trip to the mountains. I started the laundry and washed up some dishes left for me by various sons and visitors who ate at our house last night...and didn't take care of their dishes. Oh well, the clock is ticking....soon I won't have any sons here to clean up after.....nope, still not too sentimental about that. But Sat. I felt it. I'm going to miss my early morning and early evening talks with son Don. I'm going to miss him coming in and making Conner's day by saying, "Hi, BAAABY!" and picking him up. Conner can't smile big enough to express how excited he always is to see Uncle Don come home from work.
But I can't wait for Don and Elise's wedding! They are such a great couple. I'm excited to see them start their life together. And I'm really happy to have another daughter-in-law! Have a happy Labor Day!

No comments: