Thursday, September 11, 2008

Conner's Big Day! One Joyful Year!







One year ago today on September 11, 2007 Conner Steven Harrington came into this world, and 9/11 gained a new significance in our family forever. Today was very emotional for me and for our family. As always happens, my heart became heavy when I remembered what happened in our country...and our area...7 years ago today. But, unlike any other year, that sad feeling was followed by immense gratitude and joy for the birth of little Conner. I thought about the day of his birth, when his whole family waited for his arrival. We were excited and concerned for his well-being and then anxious and prayerful as he was put in the NICU for the first five days of his life. I remember how brave Cameron was as she awaited the C-section and how nervous Christopher was as he waited with her. I remember how excited everyone was and how all of Conner's grandparents and uncles waited to see him. I remember that, when Christopher wheeled him out for us to see, Conner was wrapped in a PINK blanket and I stared at him for a moment...wondering....was he a boy or a girl? We had been told he would be a boy....but the pink blanket threw me a little. And then we saw him, SO precious and perfect...just a little premature....at 8 lbs. and 3 oz!
Precious little Conner, we love you--your Mommy and Daddy, your grandparents and uncles, your aunt Marie, Christine and your almost Aunt Elise and Mrs. Lisa! You are a precious gift from God! Thank You God for Conner!

2 comments:

jaime s said...

Happy Birthday, precious one! I've enjoyed getting to know you on your Grandma's blog! You have such a special Grandma (and family). They love you so very much. It's one of the greatest gifts you'll ever receive on this earth. You are just as big of a gift to them!

Enjoy your big day, little one!!

Sign2Jill said...

Jerri,

Please send me your email when you get a chance! :) I want to add you as a reader to my blog.

Love, Jill

jillyoung@gmail.com