Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Torpedo Factory and the babies


Today is an absolutely beautiful day! The leaves are changing....it's warm but breezy. It was my first art class at the Torpedo Factory today, too. I rode the Metro to King St. and then took a cab the 15 blocks to the Torpedo Factory, because I had on nice shoes. Next week I'm wearing my Nike's and walking. On the way home I took the Dash bus, and it was free, so that was nice. As wonderful as all of the restraunts smell in Old Town Alexandria, I didn't eat anything. I've been praying that God will deliver me from my eating issues, and He has. I didn't get breakfast before I left the house at 7 this morning, and I didn't get home until 2:30. That's the only problem with riding the Metro--it takes so dang long. (Pardon my Francaise!) I still have enough on my ticket for next week, but after that I may drive and park a couple of miles away and walk....kill two birds with one stone.

Old Town would be a great place for Don to meet me after art class for a date! It is like a big party down there. The only place I went into besides the Torpedo Factory was a quaint Old Towny type $bucks! I actually took a picture of it, because it was so picturesque!

I'm taking an acrylics/oil class, and the teacher really wanted us to try oils. But I had already paid two arms and a leg for my supplies at the Art League store. Besides that, oils are toxic, and I'm going to be painting around Conner. One young mom in the class said she opted for acrylics for the same reason. My teacher prefers oils, so I guess I'm not going to be teacher's pet! :) I learned more in the three hours I was there than I have in 9 months of art lessons, about color anyway. I can't adequately say how much I am enjoying learning to improve my artwork. I get just as absorbed in that as I do with writing and music. Like I said, I'm going through a Renaissance!

Baby Bennett has graduated again--off of the CPAP! Yea! Soon he will be learning to eat from a bottle. I can't wait to see him in person. I feel like I already know him more than any other baby except Conner.

The boys are playing b-ball, like they always do on Saturdays, and Cam is bringing baby boy over to see Grandma before he goes to his first birthday party! (They start them out young!) Cam's sister-in-law's sister lives in my neighborhood, and her baby is turning one, so Conner's invited. Her baby and another baby friend of our came to Cam's baby shower and played with all of the boxes and toys. We have some cute pictures of that!

Well, I'm rambling. I'm so thankful for the beautiful day, for the fact that I figured out how to navigate the orange and blue line today and for Bennett's first day off of CPAP. Have a great Sunday tomorrow!

No comments: