Monday, October 13, 2008

Restoring communication--return of my cell phone!

On Saturday I got up early and trekked out to Rt 29 where my cell phone flew off the roof of my car...still feeling DUMB! Anyway, I didn't find it! I did, however, get my jeans legs really wet, as well as my shoes...with the morning dew, and some really tiny seeds were all over my shoes and pants. Lovely look, but I was going to art class....people show up all kinds of ways.

It was a two art class day...making up for lost classes on Don's wedding day and my weekend away with Jennie. So I was painting from 9:45-4:00. I still didn't want to quit. My art teacher was quite pleased with both of the paintings I was working on, and I got some very good feedback. I just can't learn enough about painting right now! I'm loving it!

And to my surprise, when I checked Don's cell to see if he'd called me on it, I saw 2 calls from MY cell phone!! Yep, my sweet husband found my cell phone!! He said it took him one minute! He was more certain of where I'd lost it than I was. It had a few scratches on the back, but other than that, it was perfect! Did I mention that I have the BEST husband ever! (No you don't, I do!!!) :) He stopped on his way to Warrenton area to play a wedding--in his tux, no less! No, he didn't get wet pants legs or tiny seeds. He didn't park on the OTHER side of 29 and run across 29 like I did. He didn't go down in the ditch and up the other side. He just stopped where he thought it was and there it was waiting for him! I didn't mention how efficient he is, either! It's a good thing he is with a wife who leaves her cell on top of the car--I lost my best Bible that way, too....on the FFX Cty parkway once. I stopped and picked up all the pieces and tried to put it back together, but I couldn't. So I missed all my years of markings and the "flip open" spots. In that case, I started all over, and it was okay. Now my new Bible has those things.

Bruce talked about resolving conflict today and all of the things that we do but shouldn't in the face of conflict. I have to say that I have visited most of the wrong ways to deal with conflict. I'm still thinking about it. I'll write more about this later.

No comments: