Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Not giving up.....giving it up....

Well, my drawing class is annoying me! It's because we do three minute sketches for 2.5 hours straight...with a break, but just when I start to get a concept, it's time to change. I know I'm learning, because my paintings are getting better , but we never finish anything in drawing class! I'm always ready to go home after class, though. On the other hand, I could paint all day long...I am never ready to go home on Sat. I'm thankful I can take these classes, though.

Conner has another cold, and yes, he slimed me again. I hope he feels better really quickly, and I'm hoping my resistance is higher this time. I don't want to end up sick in bed again.

I'm excited about a few upcoming events. Don and I have really good tickets to see Michael W Smith and Stephen Curtis Chapman at the Strathmore with the National Symphony on Halloween! I had to get the tickets as soon as I heard the first advertisement, because Don's dream concert was to hear the two of them at the Strathmore! I had the same dream.

We also have a free night's stay up on Skyline Drive on November 23rd! We go there every few months, so they gave us a thank-you night. We are going up after church.

Don and Elise, Chris and Cameron and another couple are hiking up a mt., camping out and hiking down this weekend. Cam's mom is watching Little Man. It should be a beautiful hike. I hope the weather is nice for them.

I'm going to be 54 in a couple of weeks, and I'm not near my goal weight again. I don't know what to say about that. I see my doctor this week, and I'm about the same as I was the last time I saw her. She doesn't get after me about my weight...she's mainly concerned about all of my other numbers. She's a good doctor, but I wish my weight was going to be down. On the positive note, I've weighed more, and I'm not far from the weight I was when I got married. I still am sticking with my goal of getting to my goal weight in 2009. God will get me there, if I give it up....but not give up.

No comments: