Friday, October 24, 2008

God is always watching!

Conner has had a cold all week, but as of last night I was still undecided about cancelling my dr. appt at Walter Reed for today at 1PM. I felt unsettled, because I haven't taken Conner into WR yet, and I was concerned he might pick up a flu bug or something. But I haven't been to the dr in a long time, and I've been sick off an on since August. I finally decided to cancel when I couldn't shake the feeling that I shouldn't go. My appt. was easily rescheduled, and I felt good about taking good care of Conner.
This afternoon, Nathan and a friend discovered that my valve stem on my car was leaking air....so badly that we could hear the air escaping. Nathan and John changed my tire, and I took my car into Goodyear. Turns out my tires had been recalled, and they replaced all four tires and didn't charge me a penny! If I had kept my appointment, Conner and I would have been on 495 rushing when the valve stem started leaking, and many people have crashed as the result of a faulty valve stem. That is the fifth brand new tire that has gone bad on my car since August 2007. I was stranded with Conner twice, once with my nephew and once with Conner and Mary Jane McGiboney! Hopefully, this is the end of my tire issues....but it could have been SO much worse! God is good! I have been all over the area this week, and my tire started leaking in my own driveway! I drive Conner on two way roads every day. I consider it a huge responsibility. Chris, Cam and I just switched Conner to a bigger car seat, because he was getting to the weight limit on his. Anyway, I'm feeling loved and cared for. I am thankful for Nathan and John, too, and for Goodyear's integrity. I have changed my opinion of them.

No comments: