Thursday, August 02, 2007

Love and Listening


"Love is patient. Love is kind." We speak a lot about love in our culture, but I'm not sure that we understand much about it. I love my family, but I don't listen to them enough. Today I listened, and I realized most of what I thought was the problem, wasn't, and what I wouldn't have considered the problem, was. How often does that happen....not just with my relationships, but with most? How many times have friendships ended or people left churches, spouses, jobs, because people thought they knew what the problem was, but it was something else completely. I really think it happens all of the time. It is such a wast of time--and relationships. We need to be about reaching out to the world, but who will want to hear what we have to say when we can't get it together with one another? Also, we think we have to TELL others about Christ, but I think we need to be like Christ and show others. Jesus was a deep listener, and He was kind. I want to be more like Him

No comments: