Thursday, August 09, 2007

32 joyful years and fun with Ansel


Well, 32 years ago today a new family began with the marriage of Jerri Sisk to Don Harrington, and I am 32 years happier today than I was Aug. 9, 1975. God has blessed our marriage in so many ways....by giving us four wonderful sons, now a beautiful daughter-in-law and soon-to-be

daughter-in-law and baby grandson who will soon be born. I believe God planned for Don and me to be together, because we have helped each other get closer to Him over the years and have been each others' best friend. Thank you, Don, for 32 years of unselfish service to me and our family, and thank you for helping me grow closer to God every year. Thank you for being honest and loving with me and never judgemental. Thank you for holding me accountable to change when I needed to change and for never giving up on me. Thank you for seeing more good in me than I see in myself and for always being faithful in heart and in deed. I'll always love you!


Now, on a less mushy note, we have been enjoying Ansel Sisk, my nephew, who is visiting this week. Tonight we celebrated our anniversary by taking Ansel to batting cages and hitting some balls together--yes, I loved it! So far Ansel and I have seen a movie (Ratatouille), gone to art class together and hit the library and some stores, and played lots of some kind of fantasy video game--I forgot what. (I've been killing Droids and Ergles?) We are planning to go to the Inner Harbor and see the National Aquarium and of course go to some museums. It's been so much fun to have a 13 year old in my home again. He actually wants to go places with me! Wow!

No comments: