Sunday, August 05, 2007

Friendship and Idiocy


Well, I learned something tonight. I'm almost never right when I really think I'm right about what someone else is thinking when they don't come right out and say what they are thinking, or they do, and I don't trust them to say what they mean and mean what they say. Long story short, I have a hard time with trusting others. My good friend and I hit a bumpy spot in the road. I haven't had a good history with confronting loved ones. It just never works out like I think it should. The words that come out of my mouth are seldom fed back to me in the way I heard me say them. In other words, I have a fear of expressing negative feelings. So I talk myself out of expressing them, and one thing leads to another and then there's this whole big thing built up that doesn't need to be there between me and others. So, once I realize that it's getting out of control, I just blurt it out with a lot of explanation and "I'm sure you didn't mean it but...." And then I realize I'm an idiot. I love my friend Lisa, and she loves me, even if I am an idiot. I love my kids and they love me, even if I am an idiot. And I love my husband, and he loves me.....even though I am an idiot! And, most importantly.....I love God, and He loves me.....even though He really knows I'm an idiot. Thank you all for loving me. I'll try to not make mountains out of mole hills, or at least talk about the mole hills before they become mountains. Thanks for loving me.

No comments: