Monday, July 30, 2007

Venturing Into the Great Unknown

Today was definitely full of firsts for me....and Don. After 3 days of a no fiber diet (weirdly, most of my diet consists of high fiber foods, I discovered) and 24 hours of a liquid diet, complete with really strange concoctions that threatened to bring up the other liquids......and about 8 hours of camping out in la toilette.....I had my first virtual colonoscopy! Actually, the prep wasn't even as bad as I thought it would be, and the virtual trip through my intestines was no big deal, afterall.
Y'all should go there--well, to your own colons. I told Don that the worst part of the whole thing was driving to Walter Reed with Don--he's not a fan of my driving. But the best part of the day....

We got to take a virtual trip to our daughter-in-law's uteris! Well, that sounds kind of invasive...she invited us to be present at her 3D sonogram of our grandson. Conner is beautiful!
He looked right at us, and we could see his face clearly enough to see that he has his mommy's nose! Amazing! And how amazing it is that we can watch God knit him together in our daughter in law's womb! I love him so much already.....God is awesome!

No comments: