Thursday, July 05, 2007

Needing a Rest from Vacation

I'm so tired! I have been running full steam ahead for a month and a half, but I'm out of steam!
Don and Les (his brother) had to go downtown without me today, because I was too tired to go. And I have a sty on my eye and sore knees! (Poor me!)

Yesterday I got up early and made cakes for a picnic at friends for the 4th. Les and I went to the mall and hung out for a few hours, and then we went back home to get ready for the picnic. We had a lot of fun with friends and family last night, watching the fireworks, playing in the (cold!) pool and eating. We also got some scarey news about our friend, Rhonda, who has cancer. She was violently ill and thought she had a blockage. Today she felt better though, and the doctors said she had no blockage.

Tomorrow I think we are going downtown for more sightseeing and then going to hear our son Chris sing and play guitar at a resteraunt/bar where he plays once or twice a month. I have to do some laundry and make dinner--kind of boring today, but boring is nice when I'm tired.

No comments: