Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Colonoscopy Revisited

Not a virtual tour this time either! Ugh! I wish I would have gone with the traditional method the first time! Now I have to go back and get a 6mm polyp snipped and have the doctor look around for ones that might have been overlooked in the (supposedly superior) virtual colonoscopy. So now I have to drink more gross stuff and have another camping trip in the bathroom for a whole day or so...... But the good news is that 6mm is REALLY small, so I am choosing thankful (and a little nervous) as my emotion. My praying friends, please pray that God's peace will fill my heart and leave no room for nervousness. And, talking about things NOT to worry your pretty little head over:

Did you know that, supposedly, Yellowstone National Park is about to blow? And, according to reports (by my youngest son and others), when it goes, so goes the rest of us! I just read a disputed report that Yellowstone lake has risen in it's bottom center 100 ft. Fish are reportedly dying there as are wildlife. Other animals are migrating out of there.....

Of course, once I visited truthorfiction.com to check out this dire prediction, I was lead to other Armegeddon type sites. Ironically, I've been reading the Book of Revelation, which I have just given a cursory reading in the past. I understand the meaning behind the words--repent or else!--God is God---we are NOT--He wants to connect with us, even though we are pretty pathetic--That is because God is God and we are NOT....other than that, I don't understand much of the Revelation. It used to scare me to death when I was a little girl, looking through my parents' giant family Bible......I kind of peeked at the pages, read the words in read and looked uneasily at the grim artist's depictions of the end of the world. Then I would slam the Bible shut and quietly agree with my mother who claimed I couldn't understand the Bible. The problem was that I really did understand quite a bit of what I read. Now I think I understand enough to bow before my Creator's power. God is God. I am not......that's good enough for me. I will trust Him with the future of the world--and my future. The future, afterall, is in His mighty hands.

And, 6mm, afterall, is pretty small.

No comments: