Monday, May 05, 2008

My Baby Brother....and Switching gears


My brother, Greg, sent me some great pictures of him and his wife Denise and my nephew Ansel. They live in Colorado in a really great area. I think they are at a meeting for Democrats here...they are delegates for the Democratic party in Colorado.
I love my brother's smile. He looks a lot like my dad did when he was younger...and my son Don looks a lot like Greg did when he was younger. People say we look alike, too, and I agree somewhat. (Poor guy!) :) Ansel looks a lot like Greg, too, but I can also see his mom in him.

Don is taking me to Asheville, North Carolina for a short little weekend away for Mother's Day. We have been thinking of retiring there someday, so we decided to go down and check out housing prices and other things about the area. Don traveled there with the AF, and he tells me that if we visit there, I will want to move there. I'm not so sure. I think it would take a really special place to make me want to move away from Little Man. Speaking of Conner, he will be 8 months old on May 11. It's hard to believe. He is rolling all over the place and sitting up to play...still a little wobbly. He will be pulling up and crawling soon I think. Then I'll really be busy.

Our weekend was wonderful. Defining Moments was the best ever because of the stories that were shared and the diversity of the performances. I feel very lucky to be part of a church that allows its members to use their talents to serve God in such creative ways. There were lots of visitors there, and I only heard positive comments from all of them. Our neighbor came and really enjoyed it...Don and I considered that a real compliment because he is the Creative minister at New Life Christian church. He said it was very inspiring. We were encouraged to see him there--Lisa, his wife was in Louisville at her neice's graduation. Our friend Christine was there too. She said it was uplifting to her as well.

NOW...back to my diet. Ugh! I have been doing awesome...until this weekend. I ate badly Sat. night after Defining Moments, because I didn't eat lunch--I was at the ER all afternoon. (I thought I had blood poisoning from having an infected foot. I didn't, but they gave me a strong antibiotic. I'm doing better.) Yesterday I did pretty well, but today I did awful....because Don worked late and I didn't really eat dinner, so I just snacked. The main thing is that I need to get back to taking care of myself. I've been dealing with some pretty hard issues that have taken away my focus on myself, but now I have to get back to self discipline. I have three friends out there who have been encouraging me to write in my blog again, so I am. Tomorrow I am beginning a walking challenge on Sparkpeople.com. I am going to walk 6 miles a day for a month. I also intend to stay in the lower part of my calorie range for the whole month. Hold me accountable my friends!

2 comments:

jaime s said...

You can do it, Jerri! I'm jumping back in with you!!

Jerri said...

K...that would be great! We can both do it! Don and I are going to Asheville, NC for Mother's Day, so I'll start blogging again when I get back. I will still do sparkpeople while I'm away. Things have been stressful in our lives for the past few months. We are doing better about giving things over to God. I'll pray for you, and I know you will pray for me.